2010/4/9 Marko Lindqvist <cazf...@gmail.com>:
> On 9 April 2010 00:13, Ulrik Sverdrup <ulrik.sverd...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Author: englabenny
>> Date: Thu Apr  8 23:13:06 2010
>> New Revision: 17285

>> Log:
>> API: Define methods more conveniently
>>
>> Using the tolua_outside declaration, supported by toluaxx (and
>> tolua++), we can define API datatype methods directly in the type
>> definition.
>
>  I hope this does not mean we are now dependant on toluaxx.
>
>  We switched from tolua to toluaxx only because at the time there was
> no lua 5.1 compatible version of tolua. It was quite a battle to get
> things working (we were even forced to revert several svn commits as
> switch to tolua++ broke repository quite spectacularly). It might be
> worthwhile to check mail archives about related discussions.
>  Neither tolua++ or toluaxx impress by their (project management)
> quality. Also, toluaxx seems quite dead project at the moment. Now
> that there is new version of tolua that support lua 5.1, plan has been
> to switch back to it. It's already in our repository, but it does not
> yet work with our api.pkg and I've had no time to get it working.
>

>  - ML

Right now it is absolutely dependent on toluaxx, since tolua_outside
is supported by toluaxx and tolua++ only as far as I can see. It's a
shame if we can't use it, to save us the extra bookkeeping would have
been nice (and was nice in the API patches I've been preparing). Right
now it's easy to revert the change though.

Switching "engines" like this is very frustrating. I see that toluaxx
is dead yes but. I've been studying their code to find out how seucre
it is and drafted some patches that should toluaxx + freeciv's api
much safer against crashes/exploits..

Ulrik