I guess if caller is handled the same way as for other commands so that
access controls still apply, it will be safe. What happens if caller is
NULL?

*This particular* instance of lua scripting in freeciv is about the game; not
the server, not player setup I think. I don't know if we should add something
that is not used inside ruleset or scenarios.

In the patch itself, I think we can save the caller variable already in
script_do_string since that's the entry point. And script_command_caller or
similar is a better variable name since lua_* is used by lua itself.