The warning is likely correct, and this means we have a bug on powerpc
platforms. I compile on a powerpc. Look here:

"The C and C++ standards allows the character type char to be signed or
unsigned, depending on the platform and compiler. Most systems, including x86
GNU/Linux and Microsoft Windows, use signed char, but those based on PowerPC
and ARM processors typically use unsigned char."

http://www.network-theory.co.uk/docs/gccintro/gccintro_71.html

Gcc is good, it catches this. Warnings disappear when compiling with make
CFLAGS+=-fsigned-char

Since ally_patience  (defined in aidata.h) is only ever used in one direction
(is always 0 or negative), the best solution can be to reverse its meaning and
make it count positive. Else a simple "signed char" declaration should be
enough.