                 Release:
         Discussion Lock: Any
        Operating System: None
         Planned Release:

This patch is a big one, and it may need some revisions to account for
various platform quirks.  The build documentation probably needs to be
revised as well.

It does 3 things:

1.  delete the in-tree lua and tolua code

2.  add autoconf checks for system lua and tolua

3.  fix the way the server is linked

What is the standard set of platforms on which the build should be tested?  I
can do some more testing once I have a complete list.

Finally, note that the version of tolua in Debian stable isn't recent enough
for freeciv.  It's missing some functions.  You need to get the one from
testing (or Ubuntu Lucid), which is based on the 5.1.2 version of tolua.
That isn't the most recent version, but I think it's better to let the
package maintainers deal with upstream releases than to maintain in-tree
copies.

File Attachments:

Date: Saturday 05/08/2010 at 19:38  Name: use_system_lua.patch.gz  Size:
283kB   By: jkl