Update of bug #15400 (project freeciv):

         Planned Release:                         => 2.2.1

Follow-up Comment #12:

I tried reproducing the original error (prior to this fix by adding
"-Wl,--no-add-needed" to the linker command line as suggested here
<http://wiki.debian.org/qa.debian.org/FTBFS#A2009-11-02Packagesfailingbecausebinutils-gold.2BAC8-indirectlinking>
-- "LDFLAGS=-Wl,--no-add-needed ./configure [rest-of-args]" seemed to cause it
to appear in appropriate places in make output -- but was unsuccessful in
reproducing it. I haven't tried actually using binutils-gold.

Declaring this fixed anyway.