Update of bug #15364 (project freeciv):

             Assigned to:                    None => cazfi

Follow-up Comment #6:

> Ah right. We (debian) have been pretty good about keeping
> freeciv up to date in unstable, and new versions have (thus far)
> rebuilt fine on older releases. I'd hope that anyone who wants a
> debianised package could use the testing package and rebuild it
> on their deb based platform.

Debian typically releases packets month or two after we have made official
release, but for some people anything from stable branch (as opposed to
development version in trunk) is already old news. It's probably rare that
such a person would need debian package, though.
I personally built debian packets during S2_2 development cycle to test
libfreeciv as shared library in system directory and I want everything that
is put to system directories to be handled as Debian packets.
I'd like to see our (freeciv upstream) debian directory as starting point for
downstream implementation. We should keep it up to date with build system
changes and improvements and downstream could check those changes and make
updates to their files accordingly.
Big build system changes between S2_1 and S2_2 that may affect distributions
are possibility to build libfreeciv as shared library and possibility to
build multiple clients at once. Our debian build files take advantage both of
those features.

Back to this bug: I'll just remove the watch file if nobody objects in a
couple of days.