Update of bug #16418 (project freeciv):

                Severity:              3 - Normal => 4 - Important
             Assigned to:                    None => jtn
         Planned Release:                   2.2.3 => 2.2.3,2.3.0

Follow-up Comment #3:

The AI was creeping past my defences via
a direct call to unit_activity_handling(); in the savegame it was the
Barbarian Cannon at (72,88) that caused trouble.
Patches attached; I've fixed this up and added some assertions that might
have caught it earlier (and might catch any related issues).
I've run a couple of autogames to completion with this patch in. (My bad for
not running autogames before committing the original pillaging fixes,
although the one autogame I just tried didn't run into the original issue, so
it can't have been bitten that often.)

(file #9826, file #9827)

File name: S2_2-ai-pillaging-crash.diff   Size:2 KB
File name: trunk-ai-pillaging-crash.diff  Size:2 KB