                 Release:
         Discussion Lock: Any
        Operating System: None
         Planned Release:

It's bugged me for a while that it's too easy for the client to end up with a
tileset that isn't a good match for the server's topology, even in a
single-player situation.

I think this will confuse new users exploring the topology options; it's
always possible to manually choose an appropriate tileset, but it's not
obvious.

Also, if I'm switching between two games with different topologies, I have to
switch tilesets.

One way to solve this would be to have four tileset preferences in the client
instead of one: one per topology type (rect, iso, hex, iso-hex), with the
client choosing the one to load based on the topology of the server it
connects to. Give these sensible defaults, and I think everything works out
of the box.