        Originator Email: davidevering...@mysoul.com.au
             Open/Closed: Open
                 Release: 2.2.3
         Discussion Lock: Any
        Operating System: Mac OS
         Planned Release:

I have just installed FreeCiv 2.2.3.  (iMac 24", 2.8GHz Core2Duo.  MacOS X
10.5.8.)

I played a game for about 7 turns.  The problem applies to both the manual
and the auto saves.

When I relaunched FreeCiv, and asked to load the game, I got an error message
about

file "/opt/com.bitaxis/share/freeciv/default/nations.ruleset", line 241, pos
10, EOF

; the line

'*include "nation/zulu.ruleset'

does not have a closing " (double quote).

It is not clear to me why, but the saves are, within my home folder, in a
folder

…/.freeciv/saves

.  This seems strange because the folder is invisible.  (That is:  I believe
that there is an invisible folder with that name, as I believe that names
starting with “.” are supposed to be invisible, and the program behaves
as though the folder is there.)  Is that a separate issue?

As I noted in the summary, my slightly educated guess would be that the "
(double quote) was put in and then chopped off.

For the record, v2.1.3 worked fine (in this respect).

p.s.  Thank-you everyone!

File Attachments:

Date: Monday 09/27/2010 at 10:20 CEST  Name: Picture 2.png  Size: 491kB   By:
None