                 Release:
         Discussion Lock: Any
        Operating System: None
         Planned Release:

The Basque translation team has taken the Basque ruleset and changed it to
create a better one. Apart from the new ruleset we also include a ODS file
with the analysis we have done comparing different revisions of this
ruleset.

To make a correct Basque ruleset we have had previous versions in mind. Other
ruleset that have similarities have also been revised, such as English,
Aragonese or Castilian.

Changes done (and the reason)

name
No changes

groups

groups="Medieval", "European"
As the Kingdom of Navarre (first and only independent Basque state) was
founded in the IX century, we changed to Medieval.

legend
Changes having in mind previous versions and the Basque Wikipedia

leaders

We have removed five people from the XX centory. 5 who have never been
leaders neither have won elections. The most voted modern president of the
Basque Country is JJ Ibarretxe (42.38% of the votes in 2001), while Carlos
Garaikotxea had 42.01% in 1984. As only one alive leader can be put, we
decided to have the most voted one

Removed leaders:

Ramon Rubial 14,21% in 1980.
Mario Onaindia 7,98% in 1984,
Fernando Buesa, although he was vicepresident in 1991, he never presented to
elections, thus has never been his own party's
leader.
Patxi Iturrioz and Federiko Krutwig have never been leaders neither cultural