On 28 Dec, 2010, at 9:44 AM, David Lowe wrote:

> 2) The client option to "Arrange widgets for small displays" doesn't cause a
> notable change in the left panel on my 1280 X 800 pixel display.  It does,
> however, force the Messages and Chats view to the right of the main view,
> rather than below.  I would be hard pressed to come up with a less effective
> use of screen real estate.  Turning off "Arrange widgets for small displays"
> and restarting puts the chat and message view back below the main view [where
> they belong, IMHO].  230b1Grab0.tiff covers this situation.

        I almost forgot.  With "Arrange widgets for small displays" on [main
and chat views side-by-side], i was getting quite a few GTK warnings like so:

(freeciv-gtk2:57425): Gtk-CRITICAL **: gtk_container_remove: assertion
`GTK_IS_WIDGET (widget)' failed

(freeciv-gtk2:57425): Gtk-CRITICAL **: gtk_widget_unref: assertion
`GTK_IS_WIDGET (widget)' failed

Sent from my MacBookPro

"Women like silent men.  They think they're listening." - M. Archaud