good day
i'm Mike, big fan of Civ since first days of Civ2. it's a big mystery for me
why freeciv don't have nearly perfect ai after all. I read about problems with
sudden disappear of "main developer", and big caution about writing new ai from
scratch.

i agree that it's a big deal to make any ai, but if i constantly and easily
win any kind and quantity of freeciv ai, i see no reason for carefull upgrading
of old-time legacy. since i use several easy-programmable rules while playing,
maybe someone can spend some time to program ai based on them? since i'm
ex-programmer, i can easily understand in what terms i'd describe desired ai
logic, i just have no time for coding.

my goal is to make ideal no-cheating ai, since i saw no worthy one (ever!), and
most of freeciv-fans are tough guys (i guess) there's no point in trying
anything less. if we'll make it, it's possible to make easier levels (starting
from ideal to easy, by downgrading, not by upgrading puny ai).

this ai must use several layers of planning (starting from 1-2 strategic goals
and then splitting them into more and more detailed goals/orders), casualties
feedback, self-control (checking % of achieved inner goals).

if anyone is interested, i'll be glad to help.

best regards, Mike