Update of bug #17459 (project freeciv):

Follow-up Comment #5:

I could reproduce the segfault when loading file #11775 with trunk r18960,
and the patch for bug #17506 fixed it for me.

I can also reproduce the issues with scenarios mentioned in comment #2 --
just load scenario, save a game straight away, and try to load it. However,
the patch for bug #17506 makes no difference to this crash. I think it's a
separate bug, so I've raised bug #17508.

On the strength of this, since the patch is in bug #17506, I'm closing this
as a duplicate (even though this one was first).