> Note that autogame regression testing is made harder by event
> cache where timestamps are saved. Is there a way to disable
> this feature while doing autogame testing, or is one supposed
> to filter it out from savegames afterwards?

Apart from disabling the event cache entirely, it appears not; the "ec_info"
server option only controls what is sent to clients, not what is stored
internally and saved/loaded. I guess disabling the event cache is sufficient,
but otherwise we could add a new option to save dummy timestamps (I think
replacing all the "time(NULL)" in server/notify.c would be sufficient).

The non-determinism you've fixed here presumably has a fairly major effect
right from the start of the game, since it affects start positions.
[https://mail.gna.org/public/freeciv-dev/2008-08/msg00053.html Back in August
2008 we were both running into trouble with non-deterministic autogames; for
me, games would start out the same and suddently diverge after many turns, for
no apparent reason. Do you know if those gremlins have been flushed out in the
meantime?