On 15 February 2011 10:53, Matthias Pfafferodt
<matthias.pfaffer...@mapfa.de> wrote:
> Hello Stephen,
>
> I did try to connect to your server but failed. Perhaps you could ask the
> longturn guys (www.longturn.org)? Why do play freeciv game via the internet
> and know how to do it!
>
> I think you should also check the log messages of your server. They should
> indicate 'why' the connection was refused.

 It's likely that it's not the server rejecting connection, but that
one cannot connect the server at all from the Internet. What kind of
internet connection that machine has? Does that machine have IP of its
own or is it NATted? If there is NAT, you need port forwarding
pointing to your machine (might be impossible to get if it's your
service providing NATting you).
 Firewall?

 I tried to ping your machine and got 100% packet loss.

 - ML