                 Release:
         Discussion Lock: Any
        Operating System: None
         Planned Release:

In discussion with Scenario League
(http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=412202) Harry Tuttle (name to
be used in credits to be confirmed) says that freeciv needs zoom
functionality.

Implementing this in client common code would mean that all clients would get
the feature. However, using optimized zooming functionality of widget-sets
would be so much better performance -wise that I vote for client-specific
implementation.

Qt has zooming support which would make this quite natural feature in
Qt-client once we get one. I don't know for sure, but it's probably quite easy
to implement also for gtk-client once we've switched to drawing code that uses
cairo. So our gtk3 migration plays a role here.

As request is about supporting scenario creation, I don't think it would
satisfy requestor if we had Qt-client that has zoom but no editor and
gtk-client that has editor but no zoom.