It's unavoidable problem that ruleset and tileset formats and
scripting interface change between freeciv versions. All the custom
content needs upgrading between versions. We cannot expect that
authors of those works figure out how to do that by reading svn commit
logs and such. Proper migration guides are needed.
 Even for us it can be quite a challenge to write that documentation
before releases by going through commit logs for related changes. I
think we have to start maintaining such documents for development
version constantly. When one commits something that changes those
formats, documentation must be updated immediately.
 I believe this documentation belongs to wiki. I'll leave it up to
wiki experts to decide how these documents should be named and where
they should be linked from.

 - ML