Am Montag, 21. Februar 2011, 21:39:10 schrieb Daniel Markstedt:
> For tilesets, we have the "How to update a tileset from X to Y" series
> of articles. See
> http://freeciv.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Editing_tilesets

and http://freeciv.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Editing_rulesets list similar pages
for rulesets (changes between 2.2 and 2.3 as well as changes between 2.3 and
2.4). At the moment this page is not linked anywhere in the wiki. Perhaps a
portal for modders (ruleset/tileset/...) is needed?

I work on an update for the lua script module (http://gna.org/patch/?2520) and
will write a documentation / update the lua pages of the wiki. For a test of
the new implementation I'm working on a test save file which uses all defined
lua functions. Thus, the output of a given freeciv version can be compared to
the correct result.

Furthermore, my local patches add functions to list all signals and their
callbacks as well as print a list of all defined lua functions / variables. I
will update the patches on gna.org at the time I have defined the test case
and it is working for the rewritten script engine.

Matthias (aka syntron)

> On Mon, Feb 21, 2011 at 12:33 PM, Marko Lindqvist <cazf...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >  It's unavoidable problem that ruleset and tileset formats and
> > scripting interface change between freeciv versions. All the custom
> > content needs upgrading between versions. We cannot expect that
> > authors of those works figure out how to do that by reading svn commit
> > logs and such. Proper migration guides are needed.
> >  Even for us it can be quite a challenge to write that documentation
> > before releases by going through commit logs for related changes. I
> > think we have to start maintaining such documents for development
> > version constantly. When one commits something that changes those
> > formats, documentation must be updated immediately.
> >  I believe this documentation belongs to wiki. I'll leave it up to
> > wiki experts to decide how these documents should be named and where
> > they should be linked from.
> >

> >  - ML

Matthias Pfafferodt - http://www.mapfa.de
Matthias.Pfafferodt <at> mapfa.de