> Possibly related: there are two special tiles that are
> unworkable to me and are marked as 'occupied' by somebody else,
> and nobody else is there... The tiles in question are (2, 21)
> and (2, 24) - both near cities that i've recently captured [but
> not this turn].
I can't reproduce this observation from either savefile, either with
2.3.0-beta4 or with latest S2_3. The cities of yours that I think you mean
(Kaposvár and Eger) are actually working those tiles. I'm guessing that this
is one of those things that doesn't survive a save/load?

(I haven't tried reproducing the assertion failure from the savegames.)