Follow-up Comment #4, task #7257 (project freeciv):

It's been a week now and Wikia still haven't responded to the request for a
database dump. :(

Anyhow, in the meantime I tried importing two random articles which was -
although the first try resulted in an obscure error - successful with the full
revision history retained. It should be noted though that the SF instance of
MediaWiki doesn't have all of the features/extensions of Wikia, support for
the <timeline> tag f.e.

It should be mentioned that there's one significant drawback of having the
wiki on SF: they put a massive ad banner at the top of the page pushing all
contents far down. First I thought it was possible to somehow hide or move it
somewhere else through some configuration option (since it's so hideously
ugly), but this does not seem to be the case. All other hosted wikis I've
found so far all display this banner. Unlike Wikia, though, SF doesn't seem to
be messing with the actual article contents which is a pro. It's still pretty
bad though.

  <http://gna.org/task/?7257>