        Originator Email: caste...@gmail.com
             Open/Closed: Open
                 Release: 2.3.0-beta4
         Discussion Lock: Any
        Operating System: Microsoft Windows
         Planned Release:

self root_req'd techs are removed, even if a nation's init_tech lists it

While toying with learning to mod/create custom civ rulesets, I wanted to
create some buildings and units which were unique to specific nations.
According to the default techs.ruleset comments:

; root_req      = tech required before acquiring this tech, by any
;     means, inherited by all techs that require this tech in turn unless
;     "None" is given here explicitly; and you can make a tech available
;     only through the init_tech of a nation by making it root_req itself.

However, when I did this, the techs were simply removed from the game and
became unavailable. Even going in to the in-game editor and trying to add the
techs to the nations failed--Upon applying and exiting the editor, the techs
were again removed.

Although I do not know LUA or what it is capable of, I suspect that even
trying to add the techs via a LUA script will also fail, since the editor
can't even add them.