On 9 August 2011 12:28, Michal Mazurek <no-reply.invalid-addr...@gna.org> wrote:

> Follow-up Comment #2, bug #18468 (project freeciv):
>
> I compiled without debug. Freeciv crashes. I should have tested it while it
> was in RC! note: I get "Lan bind failed" for any port.

 Port for listening client connections has nothing to do with this
error message, so it's quite natural that changing it doesn't affect
the outcome.
"Lan" here refers to broadcast messages to local network. It's always
on port 4555.
You probably have no real need to announce longturn servers on local
network (no player will find your server that way), so you can test
disabling it completely "./ser -A none" as workaround.

What kind of setup you have in respect to IPv6 support? Dual stack /
IPv4 only / IPv6 support in kernel, but disabled in userland...

 - ML