> You split this bug report in two, however the following is
> relevant to both of them:

> cc1: warnings being treated as errors
> ruleset.c: In function 'load_ruleset_game':
> ruleset.c:3231: warning: cast increases required alignment of
> target type

> 3231 &game.info.granary_num_inis,

How is that related to lua compile error? Seems unrelated, except that you
get same compiler warning from both. So I really don't understand how:
> The attached diff makes the warnings go away

How can that patch touching only lua code fix ruleset.c warning in code that
has nothing to do with lua?!?

Could you report lua compile problem directly to lua project also? Is that
problem somehow solved in system lua of your OS (assuming it ships with one)?