Update of bug #16338 (project freeciv):

        Operating System:                    None => Any

Follow-up Comment #5:

This time it's not timing out, but returning the text 'unknown domain:
www.freeciv.org'.

Well, freeciv.wikia.com changed IP addresses again.

I decided to fix it by no longer referring to them in the freeciv,org
configuration.

Using a CNAME for freeciv.org and www.freeciv.org in the named config didn't
work,
so instead I set them to be an A to the IP addrss of the machine itself, and
configured its Apache (which also runs http://forum.freeciv.org/) to do a
Redirect to freeciv.wikia.com for freeciv.org/www.freeciv.org.

This fixes the problem for me when browsing on the host itself; it will take
a day or two for the DNS caches to expire before we can test the changes
locally.

So I consider this fixed, but it requires further testing before this ticket
can be closed again.