Update of bug #16338 (project freeciv):

                  Status:                    None => Fixed                  
        Operating System:                    None => Any                    


Follow-up Comment #5:

This time it's not timing out, but returning the text 'unknown domain:

Well, freeciv.wikia.com changed IP addresses again.

I decided to fix it by no longer referring to them in the freeciv,org

Using a CNAME for freeciv.org and www.freeciv.org in the named config didn't
so instead I set them to be an A to the IP addrss of the machine itself, and
configured its Apache (which also runs http://forum.freeciv.org/) to do a
Redirect to freeciv.wikia.com for freeciv.org/www.freeciv.org.

This fixes the problem for me when browsing on the host itself; it will take
a day or two for the DNS caches to expire before we can test the changes

So I consider this fixed, but it requires further testing before this ticket
can be closed again.


Reply to this item at:


  Message sent via/by Gna!

Freeciv-dev mailing list

Reply via email to