I' not sure how the experimental ruleset is used. The default ruleset is
stable and well balanced but also quit old. The new features are not used. The
experimental ruleset is not that much tested or balanced but it includes all
the nice new goodies. If one once to see something new he has to take the
experimental ruleset!

Now, it could be improved only in trunk or also in stable 2.3.x. I think
about this ruleset manly as a tool to show the new things in freeciv so that
ruleset developers know about them. As bonus it should be playable and
something to test how the AI can work with these changes. This said, I would
like to include more of the new rules in this ruleset and also offer it the
the players of a stable version.