> There's probably a different bug if more than one border
> claiming base is on a tile and one is destroyed, too.

That's why initial implementation of border claiming bases made them to
always implicitly (=even when ruleset didn't explicitly) conflict with each
other - only one such base could exist in the same tile. I don't remember for
sure if someone has removed that restriction since (if yes, one would assume
that this reason for the restriction was resolved at the time)