Sounds horribly plausible, although I haven't tested it or verified it from
the code.

What do we think should happen in this situation (bought Horsemen, but tech
discovery makes them obsolete before they're created)? In particular, what if
the new unit is more expensive? Should the "bought" flag be reset and
production just carry on? Nasty if you were hoping for the bought unit
(however obsolete) to defend a city that turn... Or should you just get the
now-obsolete unit you originally bought anyway?