                 Privacy: Public
         Planned Release: 2.5.0

This patch changes rule that city center *always* has road to that city
center roads are subject to terrain restrictions. If terrain cannot have road,
city center will have no road. If city is on river tile and player doesn't
know bridge building, city center will not gain road (but existing one is not
removed if city is conquered by player who lacks required technology)

Testing has been minimal so far. I would be quite surprised if there will be
no iterations of this patch before committing. I set status to "Ready For
Test" instead of "In Progress" regardless, to keep tthe option that I'll
commit this one if it passes my tests.

This patch may seem like something that changes one arguably wrong rule to
another one that others may consider wrong, and does so by making code more
complex and bugprone. I should mention that having existence of roads to
always respect terrain restrictions makes some future patches much more
simpler, cleaner, and less bugprone.

Cities on river tiles not having roads in the beginning of the game can make
huge difference. That needs a lot of testing, and possibly some other changes
to balance it, or even just new, more compatible with future patches,
implementation of the feature that cities on river tiles get road even when
bridge building is not known.

While testing this patch I noticed that roads in cities were not upgraded
when I granted technologies from editor. That may be bug in existing code
(=stable branches) meaning city center roads are not upgradet when one gives
Railroad-technology in editor. This should be checked, and separate bug ticket
opened for it if it indeed is buggy.

File Attachments:

Date: Thu 03 Nov 2011 12:02:41 AM EET  Name: CityCenterRoadsB.diff  Size:
10kB   By: cazfi