> previous comment meant actually "please, help me with my
> problem".

Yes, I understood, but have not yet come up with any good solutions. Have you
tested with other ports ("-p 5557" in server commandline)? Maybe default port
(5556) is currently in use by some other program (if you are not booting your
machine regularly, that can be even some halted earlier freeciv test run).

But what I meant: Committing in multiple steps is not an issue in any way,
it's not like we were running out of revision numbers (I guess there *is*
limit in svn, something like 2^64). Leaving this to rot when it's improvement
by any standard, would be an issue.