Here's patch for the find_next_free_port() part. I'll commit this in a couple
of days even if no fix for the other part has been found.

Do you have IPV&_V6ONLY defined, or not? Maybe you are trying to bind IPv4
address both explicitly and implicitly through IPv6 binding, as I listed one
potential bug in original submission.

If I read your debug output correctly, it tells us that first IPv4 address is
handled correctly (as it continues to IPv6) and failure happens when binding
IPv6 address.
Are those host addresses listed correct interfaces to bind to in your system?