I think I won't have much time for this topic, but I'm attaching what I've
already done.

This is under the assumption, that old theme is still installed for gtk-3.0
client (that is, with r20580 reverted).

gtk.css goes into the same place gtkrc is.

As I mentioned, only parts of it work - mostly bg.png related part.

I didn't work on scrollbars yet (I'd like to remind you about bug #18607
again) and while I've tried to make buttons/entries work, I couldn't make it
for the moment.

(file #14578)

File name: css-theme.tar.xz               Size:2 KB