Update of bug #19007 (project freeciv):

Follow-up Comment #4:

I did not find this ticket yesterday evening. My proposal is to deactivate
the /remove command after a game was started for 2.3.1. Thus, there is time to
do all the checks needed to get the command working. As posted in bug #18776
there are further bugs if a client is connected at the time a player is
removed.

> There's a newer file of the same name attached to bug #18776:
> file #14574. Does that supersede file #14565 attached here?
Yes.

> From what I understand, if there are a lot of players saving
> their vision is buggy. It seems the /remove problem uncovered a
> number of bugs with saving a game.
See above; the changes due to the removal of a player have to be send to the
connected clients else their state is incorrect.