NOTE: I am not a programmer.
Is there a reason why the number of custom unittype flags are limited to 4?
I don't want to raise a ticket if there is a good reason for it.

As far as I can see by searching the code, this is set in unittype.h by;
  F_USER_FLAG_1,      /* User defined flags start here */
  F_LAST_USER_FLAG = F_USER_FLAG_1 + MAX_NUM_USER_UNIT_FLAGS - 1,
  F_LAST
};
#define F_MAX 64
BV_DEFINE(bv_unit_type_flags, F_MAX);

and utilized in unittype.c with
static char *user_flag_names[MAX_NUM_USER_UNIT_FLAGS]
  = { NULL, NULL, NULL, NULL };

These seem to be the only places where the limit is referred. If the number
cannot be increased (which would save a lot of repetition in some
rulesets), could the spaces for 'horse, fighter, aegis, pikeman, helicopter
and airunit' be freed for use with custom types? It seems all of their
bonuses can already be implemented via ruleset effects, and some rulesets
may not have those units, or those relations between units like that.