(To be clear, in this bug I speak about nation flags only.)

> Was the problem here that .spec file (=tag) existed, but actual gfx did not.
I think error is correct behavior in such a case where tileset is clearly
broken, and not just meant to fallback to alt gfx.

Let's see. load_sprite() returns NULL if sprite isn't within image (without
forced exit.) But isn't tileset clearly broken in this case too?

> Also, shouldn't allow_fail to be bool?

Sure.

===

Two independent loops could give us different flags for cities and units right
now, couldn't them?