Update of patch #3351 (project freeciv):

         Planned Release:                         => 2.6.0

Follow-up Comment #1:

> I've no evidence of demand for this feature, it's just something
> that's occurred to me while rewriting the default helpdata.txt.

I'm not as experienced in attempts to make helpdata.txt ruleset agnostic as
you, but I assume that it's not the way that would ever work (give all the
required information in a sensible way, yet be correct with every ruleset) no
matter how much we try. So yes, something like this is needed. Details to
mitigate the problems you mention have to be considered carefully, but I think
this should be in 2.6 (if not 2.5) roadmap.