Out of interest, it looks like we never provided any migration at all from
2.1-and-prior unadorned option names like "split_bottom_notebook" -- if this
was present in .civclientrc it would be ignored and the default used in
2.2.0+.
The move to "gui_gtk2_split_bottom_notebook" etc happened under bug #14433.
The premise of that bug was that such options were prone to being lost anyway
(you'd lose this Gtk option if you ever ran the SDL client), so I guess it's
defensible for us not to have provided migration.
Anyway, it _is_ too late to do anything about _that_ now...