On Thu, Jul 5, 2012 at 10:38 PM, Gilles J. Seguin <se...@videotron.ca> wrote:
>>  * Some recursive dependencies are ignored
>
> what is recursive ? nothing
> can you provide examples.

My mistake. Should have been transitive dependencies. (Dependency of dependency)

>> While the generated Java code probably is
>> buggy it will give a hint about what items are needed.
>
> Java, really. why not lisp. we really need more languages.
> I can provide a C++ generator for the packets.def

I generate Java since I want to use Freeciv with code running on the
JVM without having to worry about JNI. By generating native bindings
in Java practically all JVM languages, including Lisp variants, can
use them. (Side note: According to papers I have read Lisp bindings to
Freeciv once existed. I don't know if the bindings ever got published
or for that matter still exist)

Sincerely,
Sveinung