                 Release:
         Discussion Lock: Any
        Operating System: GNU/Linux
         Planned Release: 2.4.0,2.5.0

As posted to freeciv-dev
<http://mail.gna.org/public/freeciv-dev/2012-07/msg00147.html>:

Not sure if this is a bug or expected behaviour.

With the Gtk3 client, I've noticed that intermediate updates to the map don't
seem to be drawn. For instance if I start a game and then hit "X" on my
Explorer, he instantly appears three tiles away, whereas with the Gtk2 client,
I see all the intermediate steps.

(My Gtk3 machine is a slowish netbook, in case it makes a difference.)

cazfi responded:

"Even if it's "expected" result of the way buffering (or something) has been
made, this has to be fixed somehow.

"I confirmed this by setting very high Unit Movement Animation Time. When I
then moved a unit, nothing happened for a while (time I set) and then unit
appeared in its target tile. I also added logging to move_unit_map_canvas() to
show coordinates it tries to draw unit to, and that number changed pixel by
pixel from old tile to new one."