                 Privacy: Public
         Planned Release:

While working on veterancy recently, it occurred to me that it would be useful
to be able to limit promotions via effects, so for instance you can start out
only being able to get to the first level (veteran) through combat, but after
getting some tech, later levels are unlocked for existing units and unit
types.

It would be fairly easy to implement this Veteran_Max effect -- I don't think
it has the edge cases many effects do (for one thing, if you lose the effect,
you get to keep existing promotions).