                 Release:
         Discussion Lock: Any
        Operating System: None
         Planned Release:

Opening ticket already just so I don't forgot what I noticed.

Even in ruleset without tech upkeep, conquercost, diplcost, and freecost
should be able to make bulbs balance negative. When I tried to set up that in
editor (setting conquercost to 20%, giving enemy expensive tech I can steal,
giving enemy defenseless city next to my unit that can take it...) current
amount in research dialog remained as 0.
For all I currently know this can be that conquercost is never applied,
negative bulbs balance gets (wrongly) set to 0, or simply researchdialog not
updating.