> I had a go at fixing this once before -- patch #1386 -- but I
> think it got supplanted by another colour scheme.
It got supplanted when colours for 32 players were added (patch #).

Another thing to do: now we have plrcolormode=TEAM_ORDER, it would be nice if
the colour-based team names in the multiplayer ruleset weren't gratuitously
different from the colours they'd use with that colour mode. (This probably
means some more questionable colour names for translators.)