                 Release:
         Discussion Lock: Any
        Operating System: Any
         Planned Release:

I often find myself wanting to look at terrain on the map without city bars in
the way (they often obscure terrain SW/SE of a city making it easy to miss
e.g. pollution), using the key sequence Ctrl-N, Ctrl-P, Ctrl-R to hide all the
bits of the city bar, and again to bring them back.

Would anyone object to Ctrl-N hiding/showing the whole city bar regardless of
the other settings? Or are there people who routinely show only the
production/growth on the main map without the name/flag/size? That would no
longer be possible.

(I'd probably leave the non-citybar behaviour as-is, so it would still be
possible to select invididual elements in that mode.)

Otherwise, might have to invent a new key sequence for "hide whole city bar",
perhaps stealing one of the ones for hiding individual elements (if it's
possible to hide/show the whole bar on a keypress, it seems likely that
presumably-less-frequent fine-tuning of bar contents can be relegated to menus
/ dialogs).