On 15 September 2012 20:58, Gilles J. Seguin <se...@videotron.ca> wrote:
> On Thu, 2012-08-30 at 03:29 +0200, Marko Lindqvist wrote:
>> Details:
>>
>> When size of packet type field was increased, assert forcing maximum type
>> number of 255 was left to generate_packets.py.
>
> wow
> stop everything
> what is this ?
>
> changing communication protocol

 No, you are commenting to bugfix to protocol change that went in
almost a year ago, originally proposed during 2.2 development.

> that should be put in BOLD RED

We have never been network compatible between major versions.
Development version protocol changes are very frequent. This change
was in more fundamental level than most, but compatibility breaks
often when new features require new information to be transmitted.

> you know that will break metaserver too ?

 No, it didn't. Metaserver communication is completely unrelated.

 - ML