On 19 January 2013 00:43, Πρεκατές Αλέξανδρος <apreka...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Compiling and installing TRUNK in my build dir i cant run the freeciv:

 Just to clarify: Install and builddirs are two different things. Have
you installed ('make install') this version of freeciv, or are you
simply running from builddir?

> cd ~/freeciv/freecivbuild/bin
> $ ./freeciv-gtk2
> 1: Invalid NULL default string for option default_tileset_name.
> 1: in option_str_set() [options.c::752]: assertion '((void *)0) != str'
> failed.
> 1: Please report this message at http://gna.org/projects/freeciv/
> 0: No usable default tileset found, aborting!

 IF you are running from builddir, you should be using wrapper scripts
./fcgui & ./fcser that set environment suitable for running from
builddir, and not freeciv-xxx directly.

> $ ./freeciv-server
> This is the server for Freeciv version 2.4.99-dev
> You can learn a lot about Freeciv at http://www.freeciv.org/
> 0: "/usr/local/share/freeciv/default/techs.ruleset": ruleset datafile appears

 This indicates that you have *not* configured with custom install
location (--prefix -configure option) but default one (/usr/local) is
in use.

> incompatible:
> 0: datafile options: +Freeciv-2.3-ruleset

 Further, you have freeciv-2.3 installed to default location, and
freeciv (when not run via ./fcser & ./fcgui) finds its data files,
incompatible with current version.

 To install custom location, there's 3 distinct directory hierarchies:
srcdir, builddir, and installdir.

 > cd $HOME
 > mkdir freecivbuild
 > cd freecivbuild
 > ../freecivsrc/autogen.sh --prefix=$HOME/freecivinstall
 > make install
 > cd ..
 > freecivinstall/bin/freeciv-gtk2

 - ML