Update of bug #20476 (project freeciv):

             Assigned to:                    None => cazfi

Follow-up Comment #1:

Can you confirm if I got this right.

Header that gets included does define AI_NUMERICSERV, so freeciv
FC_AI_NUMERICSERV gets to set value 0x0400 despite fix to  but the library
used runtime does not support AI_NUMERICSERV.

The bug is in somewhat grey area what comes to whose fault it is. For freeciv,
I checked configure, and it explicitly links against libbind, and when doing
that it should take care that it uses also libbind headers. There's no way to
make this idiot-proof for all possible configurations, but I think I could
improve your specific case (which is one case we know for sure to exist).
Meanwhile you can test if manually setting CPPFLAGS="-I/usr/include/bind" for
configure produces working build.

---

Setting FC_AI_NUMERICSERV depending on what's available was introduced in bug
#18871.