 > Maybe further clarifications would be welcome to determine how those bytes
are used.
Good idea. I added "(See HACKING to learn how to understand the packet
header)" (avoids duplication) to the attached update.

> Also, I proposed a change in the initial network protocol (in bug #19943)
that could make this path out of date.
I'll keep an eye on it.

> Keys are taken in account in this case (that's why they are keys).
Thank you. My ability to properly understand C after a quick look is rather
limited. I would still like details about how the old version is selected to
be added. It don't have to be in this patch. I don't have to be the one to
write it. I'll make a new try after switching my brain to C-mode and carefully
reading the generated code. Letting experimental results alter my working
hypothesis from the one extreme ("All delta packets have keys to look up
fields") to the other ("Ignore keys, packets of a related kind and everything
else! Just use the previous packet or 'zero' if no previous packet exist")
clearly isn't working.

(file #17198)

File name: README.delta_corrections.patch Size:0 KB