                 Release:
         Discussion Lock: Any
        Operating System: None
         Planned Release:

At http://freeciv.wikia.com/wiki/User_talk:Yethic is described an
"undocumented feature" whereby ruleset authors can influence the relative
probability of resources showing up on terrain by repeating the resource type
in the terrain definition. This technique can also be seen in the ruleset
attached to bug #20792.

This seems harmless and useful. Should we bless / document it?

One glitch with using this technique currently is that the resource name is
repeated in the online terrain help (which is how I noticed it was in use).
This would be easy to fix by de-duplicating.

Alternatively (or for trunk) we could invent a syntax to specify probability,
say something like:

resources = "resource_game", "resource_furs*2"

That would allow the transform mountains+gold to hills+gold problem to be
solved too:

[terrain_hills]
resources = "resource_coal", "resource_wine", "resource_gold*0"