Is this x3 defense also taken into account when the AI evaluates whether to
attack a city?
The other day I saw with a diplomat 40 cavalry units in an enemy city that
were in range to attack my city defended by 3 riflemen (with walls in plains),
and I know such attack would have conquered my city for sure (with 6 cavalry
casualties or so), but they never attacked. It was "cheating" AI level so I
guess they knew my defending units, doesn't it?
I wondered why AI decided it was not good idea to attack.