UI changes are out of scope of my current gen-extras project. Here is how
things should work after gen-extras, from which future UI-projects should pick
up.

Extras have "causes" defined. For example any extra with cause "Pollution" can
result from city pollution, "Fallout" can result from nuclear explosion.
Causes are used for the UI too so that instead of generic "User request" cause
there's separate causes "Irrigation" and "Mine" defined. Pressing 'I' will
then select extra of cause "Irrigation" to be built. User even hasn't control
over what exact extra will be selected (unless we add menus for irrigations
and mines like we have for roads) but next_extra_for_tile() is used.