             Assigned to: jtn
                 Release:
         Discussion Lock: Any
        Operating System: Any
         Planned Release: 2.3.5,2.4.1,2.5.0,2.6.0

start_command() has a check that there are enough playable nations for all the
players, with an associated failure message "Not enough nations for all
players; game will not start."

Unfortunately, unlike other failures, for some reason it doesn't use
notify_conn() to emit this message, only cmd_reply(). Since this code is
typically invoked in response to a PLAYER_READY packet, no-one sees the
message (except the server console).

Not sure how you can get into this situation currently (but I'm about to
create a way in patch #3448, which is how I noticed).